8.17.2010

the party!

(I couldn't get Andi's birthday invitation on the same post. It is posted above. Thank you to my sister Kathryn who did an amazing job! Andi and I did add some pink and green jewels to the butterflies.)


I can't believe my baby girl has turned four. Because Andi loves butterflies and Fancy Nancy, we decided to do a Fancy Nancy butterfly birthday soiree. All the girls came dressed up as butterflies. As they came in my mom was reading Fancy Nancy Bonjour Butterfly. After the book we had a lunch on old fashioned glass luncheon plates with little teacups. We served sandwiches with frilly toothpicks, fruit, chips and apple juice. Then the girls were split up. Half went with my mom on a butterfly walk while the others came with my sister, sister in law and me to decorate fancy hats. The girls put butterflies, birds, ribbon and flowers on their hats. After the butterfly walk and hats we had some butterfly cake with parfaits. It was such a fun party and Andi loved every minute of it. I couldn't have done it with out my mom, sister and both my sisters in law! I love my Andi Colleen and am so proud of her!







reading Fancy Nancy


the two handsome boys (only ones invited!) Cohen and cousin Colston


doing the butterfly walk


decorating hats (the boys got top hats, but they weren't too into decorating them!)


enjoying parfaits



butterfly cake (green, of course)


party favors, green butterfly sugar cookies


being silly opening her gifts


while Andi opened her gifts Ry had to turn on the World Cup game. Neal has had enough!

3 comments:

Angela and Mike said...

What an amazing party, you did a great job! Andi is so cute if her butterfly attire. Man, I don't know if I can handle doing cool birthday parties for Colton! That's a lot of work, but fun :)

Anonymous said...

Quite the soiree. Andi is a lucky girl!

Anonymous said...

Loving the pictures! We are still sad we missed it--everything is darling.