2.19.2009

Co-Bear Report

Cohen has had a rough couple of weeks, actually 3 weeks. First he had an infection in his eye and ear, then exactly a week later he was throwing up and had diarrhea for a whole week! I called the doctor a couple of days after he was sick and she told me that it can last for a week. So, I finally called them again after a week exactly and they told me to bring him in. Come to find out and had ear infections in both ears again! this is four ear infections in one year.

The doctor was pretty worried. He wanted to run a blood test to make sure he wasn't dehydrated (everything was fine, thank goodness). He said his ears were really bad and that it could be causing him to throw up. I had to go to the doctor for three days straight for shots! On the third day the doctor said his ear was still a little bad so he put him on antibiotics. We go back next week to check on his ears. If they don't look good we take him to a specialist for tubes. I feel so bad for my Coco-motion, but he is finally back to himself (after 3 weeks).

8 comments:

Angela and Mike said...

aww...poor little guy. That sounds miserable. I'd be in a bad mood too if that was happening to me! I hope his ears and everything get better soon.

Chels Allred said...

Dangit!! Poor thing!! AND poor you, because I'm sure it's not easy dealing with a sick child. I hope he gets better soon!

annieandjustin said...

Poor co-bear! i think i remember learning in my classes that boys tend to get more ear infections than girls. and if you look at our family that seems to be true.

The Cattelain Family said...

Poor little guy. It's the worst when your kids are sick. Hope he gets better soon. By the way, I tried that chocolate chip cookie recipe today and it is THE BEST! I love it! Thanks for sharing.

Erika Allred said...

I'm so sorry to hear about how Cobear's sicky. I hope he's all better now. Miss ya guys and hang in there!

abbyjane said...

I'm, really glad you commented when you found our blog! We're pretty good, though we're doing the same things with our kids that you are with yours...I don't think we get well until the weather warms up and we get some fresh air--so for us that will be June. Next time we are in Utah, we should get together! Ry can tell Jeff all about the ups and downs of acquiring a JD (we start in the fall).

Unknown said...

poor little guy and poor you. It is sooo hard when they are sick.

Alison Carter said...

Sounds like you've had your hands full for awhile. Hope he gets all better!