2.24.2010

project one

A good friend of mine bought a chandelier at DI and gave it to me a couple of weeks ago to redo. I am not very good at these projects but I thought I would give it a try. I love how it turned out! I didn't take any before pictures, but it was just a bronze chandelier without lamp shades. I repainted it white and found these lampshades online. I am now excited to do more projects around my house and there are a lot!





6 comments:

Chels Allred said...

i love it!

Alison Carter said...

so cute!

Sarah said...

Where did you find the shades??

Shannon Allen said...

Wow! Great job! I love the pictures on your Valentine's day post. Your kiddos are getting so big!

Sarah said...

Here's what I did:

cut fabric (I used broad cloth so it'd fay a bit) into 4x4 squares

put a pencil in the middle of each square and pull the sides around the pencil (like in elementary school with tissue paper...)

put a bit of hit glue on the end

shove it into the foam wreath

It's a good, mindless things to do while watching TV!

Coops said...

My kind of project. I love it!!