4.18.2010

Baby Neal

Baby Neal was born last Tuesday, April 13th. He was 8 pounds and 1 ounce and 20 inches long! I still can't believe he was that big. Andi was only 6 pounds 7 ounces and Cohen was 6 pounds 15 ounces.

I was scheduled to be induced on Wednesday the 14th. I was really nervous about being induced so I am glad he came on his own. All my babies have come about 10 days early! Early Tuesday morning I started feeling contractions. After an hour of consistent contractions we went to the hospital. Things went pretty smoothly from there. He was sunny-side up so it took me 45 minutes to push him out. I was so glad when it was done. We are so happy to be home and I am so grateful for all the help from my mom, sister, in-laws, friends and ward members.

Andi and Cohen have been absolutely darling with him. Cohen always wants to hold him and always goes right up to his face and says, "I love you baby Neal." When he holds him he gets the biggest grin on his face. Andi is like Neal's second mommy. She always wants to hold him and take care of him. When I brought him home she said, "mom, we need to put lotion on his feet they are cracking." So she got the baby lotion and put it right on. She also always says, "mom, I'm a big kid so I can pick him up." She has already tried to breastfeed one of her stuffed animals!

I LOVE my kids and LOVE being a mom!




10 comments:

Tara and David said...

congrats!!! I was so excited to hear about him from Linds. I was also shocked at such a big baby coming out of tiny Jodi!!! I know how you feel about the pushing 45 mins was my shortest time pushing. Not fun! I am so glad that he is here he is a cutie!

Sarah said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to meet him.

Chantalle said...

Congrats!! How exciting! What a cute family. Good work! Not fun with the pushing, we didnt have time for drugs with Elizabeth but then it took 2.5 hours to push her...not fun! You are so great and have fun with three! Keep us updated on how it is!

Janelle said...

I have been checking in on your blog the last few days to see if you had posted anything about your sweet baby Neal. Oh, he is just darling! You did it again...another cute one. Wouldn't expect anything less from you two beautiful people. Haha. Good luck with everything! And remember...allow yourself to transition. Things will get better and easier after a few months...they always do. I'm sure you're doing great though!

APRIL said...

CONGRATULATIONS, WHAT A CUTE BIG BOY!!!!

The Cattelain Family said...

How exciting! Congratulations! Baby Neal is adorable!

The Gallagher group said...

He is such a beautiful baby!! Rowan is lucky to have such a cute boy friend ha ha! Congratulations!

Jolynn said...

Congrats Jodi. I hope you are enjoying your new little one.

Kelly said...

Jodi!!
I am sad it has taken me so long to get on your blog and see pictures of darling Neal!! I am so glad things went well and I too can't believe he was 8 lbs!!! That is crazy all of my kids have been 5 or 6 lbs. too. I also love how you said you love being a mom-you are such a great mom and have so much patience. I wish I was more like you! Your 3 sweet children are lucky to have you!

Chels Allred said...

OH MY HECK! how am i JUST seeing this post?! congratulations you guys!! and let me tell you..this kid will be so cool, i can just predict it..we share the same birthday. haha..
He's beautiful!! congratulations jodi!