6.12.2011

Sunday Bike Rides

The past couple of Sundays we have taken an evening bike ride. The kids love going on bike rides. We squish all three of them in the carrier and I pull them behind my bike. I didn't think I would be able to pull them, but thanks to my "granny gear" I can do it. My lowest gear on my bike is awesome!

Ry is pretty excited for his new bike. A couple of weeks ago Ryan did his usual morning bike ride to Red Rock. The kids and I met him up at Red Rock to see Mojave Max (the desert tortoise). He threw his back on the bike rack on top of the car. After we saw the turtle we went out to breakfast. On our way home we totally forgot about the bike on top of the car. We pulled in the garage and heard a big crash. The bike had been ripped off the car. It was totally broken. But, he now has his new one and has been riding almost every morning!






3 comments:

Burnett Family said...

I am impressed that you pull all those kids! I always make JB pull our kids. You are amazing :) that is so sad about Ryans bike! I am sure it's a story you will always remember :) I want to get together:! We need to plan something. It's beeb how many years, 5 or 6??

Sarah said...

Good for you! I would die riding up all the hills around here.

Kelly said...

Jodi,
I have gifts for your boys from Nancy and g ma Colleen at mynhouse. I am leaving fornyouth conference in the am and will be gone until sat evening. Erik will be here each night so you are welcome to come and get them. I should be bringing them to you but I just got them last night and it's been a crazy day today getting ready to leave for suu in the am. I just want you to know we have them. Maybe you can coordinate with Erik since I will be gone. Ryan has his cell. Thanks Jodi. I am so sorry I am not able to be more helpful like you were with my package!