8.28.2008

Jet Set

My dad is cheap. He never turns on the air conditioning, he never buys new clothes and loves leftovers. But when it comes to traveling he spares no expense. Once a year we get to feel like big shots and fly down to "my dad's" casino on the Gulf Coast of Mississippi, near Florida. This year to save money he packed as many of us as he could on the private jet. Since I may never get to say this again, I'm just going to say it: I hate to fly commercial. The jet has ruined flying for me-which is sad because who knows if I will fly private again.

It was wonderful. It was great to be able to drive right up to the hanger 15 minutes before we took off. I didn't have to worry about checking any luggage, car seats or strollers. Let alone security! Then when we arrived in Mississippi we walked right off the plane and into the limo (we were high rollers with diaper bags, binkies and sippy cups)!

It was a good beginning to a fun vacation!

Ry took the picture-we were sad because he had to stay and work after taking 6 weeks off for the BAR


3 comments:

Jamie Poort said...

I AM SO JEALOUS!!! It looks like you guys had so much fun! I love family vacations...

Anna said...

You are so spoiled... I'm so jealous!!!! Live it up girl!

Blackner Family said...

So so fun!! Such a fun memory!! I could get use to that lifestyle!!