
This all happened so quickly it still hasn't hit me that we own a house. Our entire married life we have lived/rented in 7 different places, so it is a dream to finally own a home.
Here is how it happened:
The day before Halloween a friend of ours called Ryan and told him to go look at this house that was being auctioned off that day. Because it was a foreclosure home we couldn't go inside. So we tried to look through every window and see what we can. We decided that the price was a steal so we figured we would just do it! It is in a development just up the street from where we have been renting. So we loved the area and we would still be in the same ward and a lot of ward members live in the development that have kids the same age as Andi and Cohen. I was still a little nervous because I hadn't seen the inside. But it worked out!
It is a great house, but there are some things we need to fix. For one, the person who lived here before ripped out all the appliances. Everything-the fridge, stove top, double ovens, microwave, dishwasher and washer & dryer. We could only afford to buy a fridge (that is way too small) and a stove top! We decided to purchase a new appliance each month! There was also a built in entertainment unit which was also ripped out and a few light fixtures & doorknobs missing. But, overall it was in really good shape. It has 4 bedrooms plus a huge game room. From one bedroom it has strip and mountain views. It also has a pool/spa. The yard is huge too. Which is a big deal in Vegas. I can't tell you how lucky we got. It is going to take us awhile to get it all fixed up but it is fun to have a home and projects to work on!
15 comments:
I am so jealous!!! It looks beautiful! I'm glad that you found a house that isn't too far from us! Congratulations!
It's BEAUTIFUL! Wow. Congrats, that's so exciting. Good luck with the move and getting everything fixed up. Congrats!
That is so awesome! It looks amazing! Too bad that the person decided to rip everything out! the joys of forclousures eh! Good luck to ya!
Congrats I think you have begun your real life. I am still waiting to begin mine.
that house is BEAUTIFUL! congratulations! that is so exciting!
What beautiful house! I am so excited for you! We'll have to come to town and visit soon.
I can't believe it! It looks beautiful from the outside...can't wait to see pictures of the inside! Congrats!
That is so cool! Congratulations! Are you guys moved into it already? I'll have to come visit during Christmas time. Miss ya!
I love it! That's so exciting, we'll have to come by and see it!
I LOVE IT! I am dying to see inside. I am sure you have work to do, but post pictures when it is ready. I am SO jealous that you have a pool! Congrats!
Congratulations!! That's exciting!
Gorgeous! Congrats! It's so fun to be able to do what you want with your space.
What an amazing house! WOW!! Congrats!!!
BTW.... Love the Anderson/Cooper dictionary!! HA!.... I never get up before 6 am either... ugh
Wow! It's beautiful! I can't wait to see pics of the inside. We're so happy for you!
The house looks fantastic from the outside! Congrats on being Home Owners! Can I still get your address so we can send you a Christmas card?
Post a Comment