5.18.2009

Lake Mead

My brother has done a post on his blog for my birthday, if any are interested in reading it. It is very entertaining!


We went to the lake Friday night with our friends Jamie and Jon. Ever since we have had the boat I have always been a passenger, never the driver. I don't know any of the functions. I learned quickly Friday night how to be a driver.

Ryan was meeting us at the dock from work. But there was a terrible accident on the freeway so he was running late. We decided to just put the boat on the water. And I had to launch the boat! I was terrified. Taking the boat off and putting it back on the trailer is the most terrifying part to me. The dock wasn't crowded so I figured I better just suck it up and do it.

I successfully launched the boat and picked Jon up at the dock! We started heading out and we got pulled over. Luckily we didn't get a ticket we just needed to put our new registration stickers on. We had a great night.


Ryan surfing



Jon getting some air


Jamie and me with the kids


Ry getting some air

7 comments:

Chels Allred said...

how fun! we just went on saturday and it was awesome!! That surfing looks like fun! we'll have to try that one next!

Angela and Mike said...

Way to go! So fun...I'm jealous. I've never been on the water since living in Vegas...2 years!

Jamie Poort said...

You did awesome, Jodi! Not a scratch! Next time: pulling a wakeboarder! I want an invite! :) Thanks for a fun night!

Shannon Allen said...

Oh the lake looks like so much fun! I am totally impressed with your driving skills! And, happy belated birthday to you too! Glad you had a great day because you deserve it!

annieandjustin said...

whoa jodi good job with the getting the boat in the water. i have to say good thing it was you and not kathryn or me!! haha dont tell her i said that... we know my backing up skills are not the greatest! how many times did i back up into dad's car?

The Cattelain Family said...

I'm impressed with your boat driving skills! Looks like a fun night!

Anonymous said...

Nice Job Jodi! That's tough stuff. Those pics also made me so excited for the California trip. Tell your brother, Jeremy, that his story really made me and Paige laugh. Tell Ryan that with boating skills like that he is likely to take over the "Most Likely to Appear in a Magazine" post in the Anderson family. I won't give it up easily though.