12.23.2009

Opportunity Village & Gingerbread Houses

Earlier in the month we had some friends over to decorate gingerbread houses. Last year Ryan had complained that I had bought a kit instead of baking the houses like his wonderful grandma did when he was younger. I will never be as wonderful as his Grandma Colleen, but I did get her recipe and tried baking them this year! Cohen helped me decorate it but he kept pushing the candy down so hard on the roof that it broke. We tried getting a picture, but this was the best we could get.

Andi had no interest in decorating. My friend Alison has twins (a boy and a girl). So all Andi wanted to do was play with the babies. She kept saying, "no mom, I just want to play with the baby girl." She was darling and brought them all the baby toys. She only wanted to hold and play with the baby girl. She has finally accepted the fact that we are having a boy and is excited.









Drew with his masterpiece



Another favorite thing we did last week was go to Opportunity Village. I love it here. Andi was so excited to go and knew exactly what horse she wanted to ride on the carousel. Cohen was happy to just ride the train 3 times! It is so fun, but if you ever go I suggest you buy your tickets online and get there as soon as it opens. While everyone was buying tickets we were able to go on the rides without any wait. Thank you dad for letting us crash your office party! Poor Ryan had been at work since 5:30 that morning and was a little tired, but we were glad he could make it.



Andi, Grandma and Kate on the train



Cohen, mommy and daddy on the train





1 comment:

Chels Allred said...

Cute pictures! LOVE doing gingerbread houses. The kiddos look too cute in their beanies!