Last week I was feeling a little crafty and made the following:
Halloween wreath (well, I just bought the wreath and then added the bow and Halloween bell!)
Glitterized some bones (it is hard to tell in the picture, sorry)
I bought a pack of skeleton bones from the dollar store
Got some Martha Stewart glitter at Michael's
Then followed Martha's instructions and put them in a cake stand for the table!
I bought a pack of skeleton bones from the dollar store
Got some Martha Stewart glitter at Michael's
Then followed Martha's instructions and put them in a cake stand for the table!
My wonderful mother-in-law got me the cutest Halloween witch hat for decoration. So, my sisters and mom came over during priesthood session to try and make some for our visiting teachers. The first picture is the one my mother-in-law gave me and the second picture is the one we made. They are so cute, but a little harder to make than I thought. We used black feathers for the brim of the hat.
We couldn't end the night without some Cooper Corn. This is the best caramel popcorn and a perfect fall treat!
one good sized bowl of popped (no butter, no salt) popcorn
mix 4 cups of miniature marshmallows in the bowl of popcorn
2 cubes butter
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup light karo syrup
1 tsp. vanilla extract
melt the butter in a pan. once butter is melted add other ingredients. stir until it starts to bubble and thicken. pour into bowl of popcorn/marshmallows. it might also taste good with some chocolate chips mixed in!
7 comments:
Jodi please tell me how you did that witch hat!!! That was seriously the cutest thing I've ever seen. Post the directions on a comment on my blog, email me them kellyahlander@yahoo.com, or call if it is too complicated. :) I am so glad you are feeling better. And congrats again for number 3. You are an amazing mother and wife. I really admire you!
Jodi, you are so creative! That witch hat is darling! And thanks for sharing the recipe! YUM... Congrats again on the baby! April is the best month to be born in..I have to say, the coolest people come out of April. ;)
Those look like such fun projects! You are Martha. I LOVE October/Halloween so much but I forget how fun the decorations are! I love the glitter bones. Maybe next year...
wow jody you are so creative!! those are so cute!!
So cute! I love all the crafty stuff and I love cooper corn! I'm going to have to try it out. Thanks for the recipe!
Yummy recipe. We'll have to try it at the McCoy house. I hope I get to be one of your visting teachers sometime if I get cool things from you!
The hat you made is darling! We have been wanting some Cooper Corn for awhile. It's the best! Can't wait for you all to come to Utah for some Halloween fun!
Post a Comment