12.14.2011

countdown continued....

monday for family home evening we decorated sugar cookies! before we decorated we read one of my favorite christmas books, the christmas cookie sprinkle snitcher. when i was a teacher i had parents come in and share christmas traditions. it was so fun to hear all the different traditions. one family reads this book and then decorates cookies. they came in and read it and then gave me my own book. now it is a tradition we enjoy! one of my favorite lines from the book:

christmas cookies without sprinkles
are like raisins without wrinkles
and like sleigh bells without tinkles
are christmas cookies without sprinkles

tuesday we made christmas pancakes with this and this. today they got their chocolate advent calendars (really late)!








1 comment:

Kelly said...

Hi Jodi! First of all I feel so bad my friend has not gotten me that wallpaper guys number. I emailed her again and I still haven't heard back. If you are like me, you are chomping at the bit to get it done!!! I also wanted to know if i can meet up with you tomorrow to get the gifts you brought from the Ahlanders. Thanks so much for doing that! I will be out in Summerlin at Cheesecake factory tomrrow for lunch around 11. Maybe we can meet around then...Let me know! Thanks Jodi!