2.04.2008

Airline Disaster

This weekend we got to go to Santa Monica. Ryan won the Trial Advocacy competition at BYU, so BYU sent him and some others to the National Tournament in Santa Monica. BYU paid for Ryan's plane ticket, hotel room, and gave him money for food each day. We figured we might as well take the whole family since he was totally paid for and we had a free plane ticket on Southwest I could use. We decided Andi would travel with Ryan on Delta and I would take Cohen on Southwest with me. We learned to travel together always! We had a horrible expreience. We arrived early in the morning to catch our flights. I made it just in time. After Cohen and I took off, Ryan went to check in. Come to find out Ryan's license had expired. They would not let him on the flight. He had a BYU I.D., but they wouldn't accept it. Ryan is always forgetting things, leaving his keys or cell phone wherever he is. So, when he got his license he also got an I.D. card for me to keep in my wallet. Well, this did no good because I was on my way to Cali with it (it doesn't expire until 2012!). Ryan had to drive all the way back to Provo and get his passport. As he was coming back to Salt Lake he realized he forgot is backpack at home and had to turn around. He finally made a flight at 12 (he was supposed to leave at 9). Things didn't end there. I had a stop in Vegas and off course, my flight leaving LV was delayed. This didn't matter too much since Ryan was already going to be late. I finally got on my flight and get to LA airport, take a shuttle to the Delta terminal and realize that I forgot to pick up Cohen's car seat. I had to go all the way back, come to find out it was lost! Luckily they found it and delivered it to our hotel the following fay. After this experience we were going to switch my ticket to go home with Ry, but it was going to cost us $550. We decided to just keep what we had, what could go worse than our experience getting to LA. Well, it was worse coming back. My plane was delayed 2 hours. I figured I would give Ryan Cohen's car seat so it wouldn't get lost this time. Ryan's flight lost everybody's luggage. We didn't get home until 12. This morning we finally got back both carseats. I don't think I will be flying again, unless I have to.

No comments: