One thing (there are many) that I love about where we live, are the people. We have so many amazing people in our ward. One friend put together playgroups for some kids. She has a boy Andi's age and and a girl Cohen's age. In September we started Andi's group. Twice a week they go to one of the kid's houses. We have a theme each week and do a little lesson and activity and then it's play time. It's wonderful and Andi has loved it. Last month we started Cohen's group. With his group they also meet twice a week (same time as Andi's) and we do a letter each day. It has been so fun planning lessons and activities for them. It almost makes me miss teaching (not enough to go back)!
When I had playgroup we had the letter H. Here is what we did:
I have a huge foam hat (I used it when I was primary chorister). On the front of the hat I put a letter H, and then hanging from the hat I had different pictures of things that started with the letter H. As the kids came in they each chose a picture.
we all sat down and I had each kid come up one at time with their picture and place it on the big H on the wall. we talked about each picture as they came up
I read, The Magic Hat
we sang the song, Roll your Hands (from the primary songbook)
painted our hand prints
I read, The Hiccuping Hippo
put together and colored hippos out of hearts
hopped like a bunny (to a bunny song I have on a CD)
had a snack (hot dogs and honey sticks)
I read, Hug Time
decorated heart shaped sugar cookies
then it was play time!







3 comments:
You are the cutest mom and little teacher! I wish we lived near you so RUthie could join in the fun!
Both groups are so different than each other, but both are so much fun!
So cute Jodi! By the way, Brandon and I LOVE the picture of your three kids! They all look so darling!
Post a Comment