4.19.2011

the party

I have to admit, I was very excited to do a clown/carnival/circus birthday party for Neal. Life has been a circus with three kids, but we love it! We had a little party with family and some close friends. Here are the details:

menu

hot dog bar
popcorn
watermelon
salad
peanuts
cake & ice cream
hyper stripe Popsicles from Anderson Dairy (they are red, white & blue. they went perfectly with the party colors and they are yummy)

decorations

birthday banner (i made from the computer and then added blue glitter)
tissue paper flowers (i have made these for every party since Andi was 2)
red & white stripe material
christmas lights (the big bulbs made it feel like a carnival)
blue & white striped straws from the etsy store hey yo yo
vintage popcorn bags from hey yoyo
popcorn containers filled with popcorn kernels and blue & red balloons (for the tables)
clown noses for the kids

I don't know how I could have done the party without my family's help. I borrowed just about everything from my mom and sister, my wonderful brother in law (Brandon) grilled the hot dogs, my sister in law (Aimee) took pictures all night for me, my dad went to the party store and got the balloons for me and everyone helped set up! It was so fun to have Ryan's sister and her family come from St. George to be with us.

I know there are way too many pictures, but Aimee took so many good ones I couldn't decide

For the cake I tried doing the cake bunting.

























4 comments:

Chels Allred said...

what a great party! love the clown noses! adorable theme!! Good job! You have the best ideas. Happy birthday little neal!

Anonymous said...

What a great party. Wish we could have been there.

Shannon Allen said...

What a great first birthday! Very creative Jodi! Neal is darling as is all of your family!

Erika Allred said...

You are so creative! I love it! I can't believe Neal is already a year old. Time seriously flies by. You're kids are too cute and you're looking gorgeous as usual. Miss ya!