In each pocket of our advent calendar is a note of something we are going to do that day to celebrate Christmas. I really wanted to do this last year, but being sick and pregnant I did what I could. We actually started our festivities on Monday. We had a special FHE and discussed the true meaning of Christmas and watched the nativity movie, followed by a game of Andi's choice and treats by Cohen. Tuesday we read Elf on the Shelf. Our mischief little elf, Jingle, has been hiding in crazy places. The kids love looking every morning for him.
Wednesday - we went to Summerlin's Hometown Holidays. This is probably one of my favorite things they do here. It's at a big park and they have a train, horses to ride and in the community center they have different crafts for the kids and cookies to decorate. They also have Santa, Frosty and Rudolph walking around. The kids love it every year. I forgot my camera so I didn't get any pictures.
Thursday - We went to my dad's office party at Magical Forest. This is a must if you live in Vegas. It was a perfect night, it wasn't too cold and not crowded at all. The kids got to ride the train the carousel 3 times each. We also walked through the magical forest and did a maze. The best part about going with my dads office is getting the room. We could go in and take breaks and have hot chocolate and cookies. It was a really fun night!
Friday - we did a Christmas craft
Saturday - we had our ward breakfast with Santa
Sunday - we listened to the First Presidency Christmas message and had chocolate chip cookies. The kids were pretty attentive for President Uchtdorf's talk because he talked a lot about the Grinch, but after that they lost interest. It was so nice to hear from our prophet and listen to the beautiful music from the choir.
I have a lot of fun things planned for this week, I already feel like this month is going too fast!









2 comments:
You are seriously the cutest mom ever! Super cute family! Miss you!
Cute, Jodi. I love that you do Elf on the Shelf. I bought one this year, but I think Rex is still too young. Next year...
Post a Comment